Wednesday

Robusto Cigar Babe's Top 10 Cigars of 2015



So many cigars, so little time! First off, I'd like to thank all the cigar companies who graciously sent cigar samples to smoke. For the most part, I can find enjoyment in most every cigar I smoke. The best part is even if I don't review the cigars on Twitter or the blog, I talk about every cigar to the Meetup Groups I attend, Cigar Parties I organize, talks at cigar events, etc.

Also a big TY to the managers and owners of all of the cigar lounges I frequent in the TriState area as well as on Twitter: You guys/gals really know what customer service is and I'm so grateful to know you.


If you aren't on Twitter or Instagram or Facebook you are missing a whole world of knowledge and friendships in the cigar world! Just get on and start following people and chatting with them. I've learned so much from all the magazine and professional reviewers online as well as the cigar company owners, sales reps, marketing people, radio shows, cigar lounges, and other bloggers. We started #SundayCigarHerf on Twitter because it's the best place to LEARN how to taste cigars.

Why did I do a Top 25 Cigar List? Overkill, nah, it's just that I have smoked so many good sticks in 2015.  I could go on and on with companies like Camacho, La Aurora, Joya De Nicaragua, Jordon Alexander, Sindicato, Virtuoso, Arturo Fuente, LFD, and so many more ! 

My Top 5 Favorite Cigars: I've smoked more than 20 of each of the cigars. They are consistently my go-to cigars for full flavors & pure satisfaction.

My Top 6-12 Cigars are worth the hunt. These cigars are on my mind & have bewitched my senses.

My Top 13-25 Cigars are delicious sticks that are constantly being replenished in my humi.

My Top 10 Cigars of 2015

1. Oliva Series V Melanio Maduro


Consistently delicious, completely delectable and sumptuous smoking experience. Well, you know how I feel about Melanio Maduro. This is pure luv !


2. Camacho Barrel Aged


I know this will sound weird to my cigar friends but the Barrel Aged cigar flavors are as close as you can get to an infused cigar without it being one. The story I read about how this cigar was blended intrigued me so much, I had to try it. Love the wide dimensions of flavors, smooth and creamy smoking experience with a touch of bourbon-soaked wood taste and smell. Delish! Buy 1 and join us for #SundayCigarHerf in the coming months.


3.  Las Cumbres Tabaco "Senorial Maduro"


The moment I knew I loved the Senorial cigar, I was waiting for the Maduro to appear. It's a really good cigar blended by Jose Blanco whose reputation in the cigar industry speaks volumes. I can't get enough of this cigar and I had the opportunity to introduce it to many friends at lounges and on Twitter. Supremo ! Boxworthy! Tune into #SundayCigarHerf in coming months to herf this LIVE online.

4. Ashton Symmetry




I first became intrigued by the cigar because @cigarzonave store tweeted about it and then I read about it in Cigar Aficionado Magazine. It looked and sounded like it was in my wheelhouse. I'm really high on Ecuador Habano wrappers lately. The Symmetry is beyond great! Loved it so much I bought a box after smoking my first Symmetry. It's underrated in my opinion. I think the ESG gets more play, but this is truly a great smoke. YUMSymmetry !

5. Las Cumbres Tabaco "Freyja"



Simply it's a cigar that continues to change and delight with every puff I take. The range of flavors blended into Freyja makes a great pairing for coffee, whisky, craft beer, and even Coney Island Rootbeer! Completely Delish ! See full review on the site.


6. Oliva Serie V (also Maduro Especial)



I know! How could this NOT be in the Top 5 ! I hear your thoughts believe me. I love it. I really really do. But lately, hmmmmm, I'm just craving a less full strength. Don't get me wrong, Oliva Serie V is still my FIRST TRUE LOVE, and you never forget your first. Absolutely lovely, dark and handsome smoke. Wait ... maybe this should be #5 part 2 ... You know what I'm talking about !

7. Punch Rare Corojo
Such a satisfying smoke. My #SundayCigarHerf co-host @HN_JAD turned me onto it during a planned meetup of co-hosts and Twitter friends during #Houston2015. From the first few puffs, I was hooked. Now every time I go to a lounge I look for it. If I could find it more, it might have ended up in the Top 5. Really, really great stick !

8. American Kick Ass (AKA) Nth Degree Cigar


Another cigar company that @HN_JAD got me to try and love is AKA Cigars. I think last year my fave from AKA was the Hybrid. I still love it, but it's the Nth Degree this year that seems to be the one I reach for. It might be the captivating smoky scent or the complexity of the coffee, chocolate and creaminess that makes me want more. Made in the Davidoff Factory, this cigar is packed with top shelf tobacco. So Damn Good ...

9  MBombay Kesara Nikka
So, here's the deal. Sometimes I want lighter strength but still full flavor. I've been searching a long time for a cigar like this and Nikka just does it for me. I first became intrigued by @CigarzonAve posting pics on Twitter. Then Mel from @Mbombaycigars graciously sent me some to try. I took the Kesara Nikka with me to a party and WOW, everyone wanted to know what smelled so good. Plus, the BAND is so beautiful, I feel it's attractive to women and men!  I love this cigar and really need to buy more of it. This cigar is Container Worthy ! Yes, I would have said Boxworthy but it's sold in these really cool containers. Innovative and delicious!


10.  1502 Ruby


I've loved the Ruby since it was first introduced to me by #SundayCigarHerf co-host @CigarChairman on Twitter. Love it. But sometimes I can't decide whether I want the Ruby or the Black Gold. Different but equally delish. Company owner and blender Enrique is also a crazy cool sort of guy who owns the most colorful wardrobe. That's the way I think of this cigar, as an expression of Enrique's personality -- fun, unique and talented. It's a very satisfying cigar!


_____
Thanks for reading!

Well, that's all of it. Were you surprised at my Top 10 picks? If you follow me on Twitter, IG or take part in our #SundayCigarHerf, you probably realize what I really enjoy smoking. I look forward to hearing your reactions and tasting notes about these cigars.

Have an amazing 2016 filled with LONG ASHES, delectable CIGARS, lots of FRIENDS on and off line, & a PROFITABLE working year so you can afford all these great sticks !


Robusto Cigar Babe
@RobustoBabe

No comments:

Post a Comment