Sunday

Robusto Cigar Babe's Top Cigars of 2014

When I think about what the top cigars of 2014 were for me, I have to consider the sticks I gravitated towards over and over again. I call those my "cigar luvrs" and on Twitter or Instagram you will see me refer to them as DELISH !

I do believe Cigar Aficionado magazine got one thing right -- making an Oliva Cigar their top pick. It's a sumptuously delicious line of cigars. The Serie V's are my FAVS, but I wouldn't have picked the Oliva Serie V Melanio as the #1 cigar of 2014. My heart will always go to the Oliva Series V Melanio Maduro. To me, it's pure pleasure and undeniable love.

Ok, so here's the hard part. My favorite part of smoking cigars is trying all the different ones out there. I love trying new boutique brands. I enjoy the legacy brands. To me, enjoying a new cigar every time I want to smoke is the whole reason for smoking. As a good friend and cigar mentor always says, " you gotta try them all !" And @cigarchairman is right. You do. But, when I'm looking for relaxation, comfort, pampering ... I go back to my cigar luvs that drive me crazy and make me want them ... well, all the more ...

Instead of trying to delineate numbers to my Cigar Luvrs, here were my go-to cigars for 2014. Which ones are your faves:

Oliva Serie V Melanio Maduro
Oliva Serie V Robusto
Jose Blanco Senorial
Nat Sherman Sterling
Drew Estate Nica Rustica
Drew Estate Liga Privada No 9
AKA Hybrid
House of Emilio AF2
1502 Ruby
Oro Cubano Lounge in Vineland NJ  Hand Rolled Maduro
Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf Maduro

My extended list of side luvrs:

Nat Sherman Epoca
Bodega Premium Blends Digestivo
La Jugada Prieto
LFD Double Ligero
LFD Ligero
Gurkha Ghost

Seriously I could go on and on ...

What I'd like to point out is that I can usually find something I love in almost every cigar I smoke. What I enjoy is the hunt, the connection, the attraction, the afternoon love ... and of course the midnight surrender. It's those relationships with the cigars in my life. Can you feel my passion?

The year is young ... go out and find the cigar luvs of your life for 2015 ... then go brag on Twitter and tag me.

Wishing You Long Ashes my Friends ...

Robusto Cigar Babe


No comments:

Post a Comment